Sunday, August 11, 2013

Scrapbooking on the Vertical Challenge

Unfortunately, I was not able to complete all of Shimelle Laine's challenges from last weekend. The week here at LaLa's house was quite a busy one with very little time to scrapbook, so I'm going to let go of the ones I just couldn't get to. This last one I was able to complete is the scrapbooking on the vertical challenge, and I totally scraplifted Shimelle, making just a couple of changes to the overall design.


Most of the supplies for this page came from My Own Kit, May of 2013. I did add some autumn stamps by Just Rite Clear stamps, designed by Amy Tedder--GORGEOUS, I will be using these little wonders a lot!--and I used gold paint by Ranger and gold mist by Heidi Swapp.

This one was a little challenging to put together from the kit supplies, but I was determined to make it work, and I do really like how it turned out. I also used the idea of stacking up punched/die cut shapes to create embellishments. I'm going to remember to use that technique in future layouts. Imagine the possibilities if I put some of the Silhouette Cameo cut files to use!

Super huge shout of THANKS to Shimelle Laine for all the inspiration. I love her challenge weekends because the challenges always generate such great ideas for me and get me creating layouts I truly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment