Saturday, June 2, 2012

30 in 30 Scrapbooking - First Three Layouts

So...30 in 30 Scrapbooking is off to a great start. Yesterday, I spent some time planning pages, putting some page kits together, and last night, I got started creating those pages.

The first layout:

(Supplies: Patterned paper by Bella Blvd., American Crafts, and Bo Bunny. Letter stickers by American Crafts and October Afternoon. Felt leaves by Creative Impressions. Stamps by Melissa Frances and the Stamps of Life. Ink by Tim Holtz Distress. Buttons, unknown manufacturer. Gems by Queen and Company. Leaf stickers by Jolee's.)

My initial idea was to sketch a starting point (thanks to Shimelle Laine!) from a layout in the March/April, 2012, issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine by Mandie Pierce, and I added embellishments and some stamping to the basic design. Using the October Afternoon letter stickers with American Crafts' Thickers is getting to be my go-to technique for titles.

Second layout:

(Supplies: Snowflake embellishments by Creative Impressions. Stamp by Hero Arts. Ink by VersaMagic. All other supplies by Bo Bunny.)

Alright...I'll admit it. Not my favorite layout ever, but like I always say, it's another memory preserved, another story told. And more supplies put to good use, so it's all good.

And today, the third:

(Supplies: Patterned paper by Crate Paper, October Afternoon, Making Memories, Echo Park Paper, Stampin' Up! and unknown manufacturer. Die cuts by Girls' Paperie and Making Memories. Epoxy stickers by K&Company and Little Yellow Bicycle. Chipboard stickers by Basic Grey, Heidi Grace and My Mind's Eye. Puffy stickers by EK Success. Brads by Making Memories. Letter stickers by Basic Grey. Twine by Crate Paper. Die cut border by Bazzill. Pearls by Doodlebug. Stamp by Elise Blaha. Ink by Colorbox and Stampin' Up! Glitter glue by Stickles. Felt butterflies by Heidi Swapp.)

Wow! That may be the most supplies I've ever used on one page before, and let me just gush a bit--I so LOVE this page! I started with one of my favorites of Shimelle Laine's Starting Points (which I think was part of her class on Two Peas), using a wide variety of patterned paper strips from my scrap basket, and then I just went through my stash and picked out all kinds of little bits I thought would go well with the pink palette.

I need to get much better at capturing layouts in photos because this picture does not do the layout justice. It is so absolutely gorgeous in person, and yes, I am bragging a bit, but it's a rare occasion for me to love a scrapbook page I created as much I totally love this one.

I'm looking forward to getting some more layouts done tomorrow and keeping my creative engines going...

No comments:

Post a Comment