Monday, September 3, 2012

30 in 30 - September 2012 Number 2

Winter's Broken Promise

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections and Stampin' Up! Patterned paper by Bo Bunny. Sparkle ink by Gelly Roll. Letter stickers by K&Company, Making Memories, and Pebbles. Spray ink by Mister Huey and Glimmer Mist. Brads by Martha Stewart. Stickers by Jolee's. Gems by Sticko and Queen & Co. Tape by Martha Stewart, My Mind's Eye, and Queen & Co. Doilies, unknown manufacturer. Inspired by Starting Points by Shimelle Laine.)

Lots of fun putting this layout together. Lots of sparkle the camera didn't capture too well. One of my favorite techniques is to use specialty ink or paint to create journaling lines, and I love, love, love the shimmer pens from Gelly Roll.

My inspiration for this page was a Starting Point by Shimelle Laine, but I wound up departing from the original design by moving the photo to the left of the patterned paper cluster, rather than right in the middle. Doilies were the perfect addition, mimicking snowflakes, and I still dig that gorgeous patterned paper from Bo Bunny's winter collection, a couple years ago, now, I think.

Also really digging the decorative tapes. I'm developing quite the stash of those, so I want to get them on my pages more often.

Now...for number 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment