Monday, September 3, 2012

30 in 30 - September 2012 Number 3

Birthday Party Forty-Four

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections. Patterned paper by American Crafts and My Mind's Eye. Letter stickers by October Afternoon and American Crafts. Stamp, stickers and crocheted flower by American Crafts. Paper flower by Prima. Buttons by Crate and Bella Blvd. Journaling spot by Jilliebean Soup. Sequin, unknown manufacturer. Spray ink by Glimmer Mist. Sketch: Shimelle Laine.)

For this layout, I went with a sketch by Shimelle Laine, which I think came from her Two Peas class, Hitchhiker's Guide, but I departed a bit out of necessity. See, I started with that adorable rose patterned paper, spraying it with gold Glimmer Mist because I wanted to bring in some shimmer and some yellow. Well, the paper warped. A lot. It wasn't working to use it as it was, all crinkly, so I trimmed off an inch and adhered it to a piece of kraft card stock. I liked the end result.

Kind of a busy layout, but I think it fits the happy theme. One of my go-to tips for adding "bling" to a page is to scatter some of the periods from a set of letter stickers as coordinating embellishments on a page like this one.

Three days in, three pages done. 30 in 30 Scrapbooking is off to a rocking start! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment