Wednesday, March 28, 2012

12 Days of Spring - Day Eight

Tuesday is date night, which means Panera night for Mom and the nephew. Daniel and I usually get smoothies.


Peach for me, so tasty.



For Christmas, my friend Janet got us a gift card for Olive Garden, and Daniel and I went there for our date.


This feast of beauty greeted us as we approached the front door.


We were seated at a large round table, as if there were going to be others joining us, but no...it was just us two.


Rarely do I order a spirited beverage, other than a beer, while we're out, but there was a cocktail on the menu that looked too tasty to resist.


Fruity and bold and bubbly. So good, I splurged on a second one. Daniel had raspberry lemonade.


Both of us chose soup with our meals. I savored zuppa Tuscana, one of my favorite things about Olive Garden. Daniel tried chicken gnocchi. He said the zuppa is a little better.


We also both tried the new parmesan crusted steak with ravioli, and wow, was it ever yummy! I said, "I wish I could cook like this at home."

The best part of the evening for me, though...


...getting to be with Daniel. Time with him, with just the two of us, is a gift.

I love date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment