Tuesday, March 20, 2012

12 Days - Spring Edition

When I first learned of December Daily a few years ago, the month of December had already started, so I was a bit behind to do an album of the whole month. Instead, I decided to do a mini-album of the 12 days leading up to and including Christmas.

That was one of my favorite projects ever.

Here are a few photos:









I had so much fun taking photos, assembling the album, flipping through it afterwards. Inspired by Ali Edwards, I used index card dividers to separate each day, and I really liked using the 4x6 transparencies throughout the book.

I enjoy documenting daily life, and being a person who totally connects to the changing seasons, I decided to celebrate 2012 by doing four different mini-books documenting 12 days out of each season of the year.

Starting today, with the first day of spring. I created a mini book with my February kit from Cocoa Daisy and some other supplies thrown in to contain all the photos and ephemera of these next 12 days.


Colorful bright with a little earthiness thrown in. I'm looking forward to filling it up with memories, and I'll share the raw material contents throughout the 12 days, as well as the whole album when it's all wrapped up.

What does spring look like, feel like, sound like, taste like, and smell like where you live? Have you ever documented it all? Maybe you'd like to join me and make a 12 Days of Spring album of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment