Monday, March 26, 2012

Scraps, Scraps, and More Scraps

All scrapbookers I know have a big bunch of scraps. Patterned paper and card stock that will often sit about for a long, long time, just waiting to be used.

It's been a challenge for me since I started this hobby: what to do with all those scraps?

I posted the other day about a tip I got from Shimelle Laine about how to store scraps so that they're readily available to use, and it's already helped me get those scraps into layout action.

Here's a page I made from a sketch in the December, 2010, issue of Scrapbooks, Etc.:


(Supplies: Blue card stock and marker by Stampin' Up! White card stock by The Paper Company. Patterned paper by Little Yellow Bicycle, Bo Bunny, and K&Company. Letter stickers by October Afternoon. Circle sticker by Scenic Route. Flower punch by Fiskars. Embellishment and stamps by TPC Studio. Ink by Tim Holtz Distress. )

I love the ease of sorting through my scraps, starting with a color scheme, finding bits that will work, and getting those pieces of paper used.

If you haven't seen the latest Glitter Girl video all about scraps, especially if you have your own overflowing stash of scraps to tame, click right here and go watch. You'll be inspired. I'm certain of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment