Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Festival of Sunflowers

A local vegetable farm called Zilke's hosts a sunflower festival during August, and because our friend Susan posted about it on Instagram, we were able to catch it on its last day.

Together, we took quite a few photos to capture our beautiful (and scorching) experience, and here are a few of the best ones.


The bees were plentiful and active. I loved seeing that!


We were told that once sunflowers grow mature, their heads stop following the sun and stay focused in one direction.


Butterflies were plentiful, too, and so lovely, if difficult to capture in pictures. I guess they're a little camera-shy, though this one didn't seem to mind me snapping a few shots of it romancing the sunflower.


And there's the love of my life, posing with a sunflower he just befriended.


Speaking of Daniel, he took that outstanding shot of a differently colored group of sunflowers.

The heat was too oppressive to linger, but I enjoyed our visit to this sunflower festival and hope to make it a yearly tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I wish I'd known about it. I would have loved to be able to take some photographs. How lucky you were to be able to catch the festival before it ended.

    ReplyDelete