Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Favorite Photos - August 2019

Already in the double digits of September, I feel like my head's spinning! Does anybody else feel like 2019 is a high speed train?

August turned out to be a month full of activities, and it was more photo heavy than usual. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Flower Light


On a trip to the Heavenly Scent Herb Farm, I saw this flower (morning glory?) that looked like a fairy light was shining from inside its stem. But no, that's just the ambient sunlight playing a little trick! I love these flowers, and they all look like that, like sunlight is somehow captured and projected out from their centers. So cool!


2. Unpacked


I took this photo on the day that I finished unpacking the wall of boxes that were stacked in the middle of the floor. I was so happy to have that monumental task done about a month after moving in.


3. Mural


On a stop at one of our local Starbucks, I snapped a shot of this gorgeous mural. There's a mermaid frolicking about, so you know, what's not to love?


4. Sunflower


At the suggestion of my friend Susan, Daniel and I visited the Zilke Vegetable Farm on the last day of their Sunflower Festival, and the bees were very, very busy.


5. Tree


On a brilliant day, more like September than August, we got together with friends we've been trying to get together with for a long time, and one of the things we did was visit Greenfield Village. This tree, so beautiful, so very old, caught my attention and took my breath away. I couldn't quite capture its sheer size and majesty with a photo.


6. Name


At the end of the month, Daniel took a couple days off tacked onto the long weekend, and we had ourselves a little stay-cay, including a visit to Matthaei Botanical Gardens. This sign, identifying one of thousands of plants, shows the origin of my name.


7. Cosmos


And these flowers, also at the botanical gardens, are some of my favorites. They looked so fresh and lovely dancing in the breeze.

*     *     *

Coming up: more on the sunflower festival, and photographically tracking the growth of one pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment