Saturday, September 14, 2019

Layout Share - First Hot Sauce

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been working on finishing my yearbook for 2013. Today, I'm sharing a page I created about the first hot sauce my nephew ate when he started to recover from his first round of chemotherapy.


I didn't have a photo to feature on this page; I only had the hot sauce packet I saved, which I preserved between two pieces of packaging tape.

I chose the patterned paper because it contained a similar red to the one in the packet, and I had other supplies that matched perfectly. While most of the layouts I've created on the subject of my nephew's cancer journey are somber in nature, this story was a triumphant one, and I like how the supplies I chose reflect that energy, as well as his love for hot sauce.

Photos are an important aspect of memory-keeping, but not always necessary. I really wanted to tell this story, so I made it work with what I had, and I really like how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Thanks for showing that photos don't always have to be used and sometimes memorabilia does the trick!

    ReplyDelete