Saturday, September 28, 2019

Layout Share - Birthday Present


Truth be told, I do not particularly love this photo of me, the angle it was taken, but I do like how this page turned out, so I decided to go ahead and share it.

I used a sketch from Victoria Marie's class, Layering Like a Boss 2, which I cannot possibly recommend highly enough. Victoria is super talented and so inspiring. Watching her videos always motivates me to get making!

For my 2013 pages, I put together a kit of supplies that I thought reflected the sort of somber tone of that year's events, and I created some of my own embellishments to go with the other things I gathered. The butterflies here were created by stamping the image, then lightly watercoloring, and cutting them out. I also used some paper and stickers from Pinkfresh Studios and some epoxy stickers from Cocoa Daisy that were given to me by a friend. A few enamel dots and just a little bit of sprinkled ink mist finished off the page, and I will definitely use this sketch again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment