Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Design Challenge - Six

Let me begin by saying I totally dug this challenge, which was to create a mostly monochromatic layout. Flipping through my book of scrapbook pages to create--and I REALLY need to do a post about my process soon!--I found a photo of my niece and nephew in the snow, a really adorable photo I wanted to highlight on a background of mostly white.

(Supplies: Card stock by Bazzill and The Paper Company. Letter stickers by American Crafts. Spray ink by Studio Calico, Mister Huey. Chalk ink by Colorbox. Snowflake punch by Tonic. Other punch by EK Success. Gems by Me and My Big Ideas, Queen and Company, and Sticko. Paint by Adirondack. Glitter by Stickles.)

I started with some embossed card stock by Bazzill. One is different sized dots, which echoes the idea of falling snow to me, and the other is snowflakes. I sprayed the snowflake card stock with Mister Huey in shine to add shimmer and a bit more texture.


I also sprayed the punched snowflakes with with Mister Huey, and I whisked pearl paint along the photo matte before adding some light blue ink and adhering the photo.


Glitter around the perimeter of the page, as well as swirls of glitter leading to some of the snowflakes were my finishing touches. I love how all that white really makes the photo stand out, but because of the details, the glitter and shine, the white maintains interest.

This one's my favorite challenge in the class so far. I love the idea of using one color, even white, in a lot of different ways on a page to add emphasis to a special photo like this one.

Next up, challenge seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment