Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Design Challenges - Eight

A little hiatus, there. Remember how Yoda said, "Always in motion is the future."? The present can be like that, too.

The Design Challenges class ended without my completion of the assignments, but I didn't want to ditch such great inspiration just because I missed the "deadline." I've got all but one completely done. I just haven't had the right light for good photos, Michigan going all cloudy today after several days of bright sunshine. :)

But here's number eight: we were challenged to "say it with a sign," and I die cut a sign with The Slice, using it to add a bit to the journaling. (Or I guess you could call it a subtitle.)


(Supplies: Patterned paper and brads by My Mind's Eye. Stickers by Crate Paper. Letter stickers by October Afternoon and American Crafts. Brown ink by Tim Holtz Distress. Star border stamp by The Stamps of Life. Black ink by Ranger. Spray ink by Glimmer Mist.)

My favorite part is the star border. I'm really enjoying putting my stamps to use right now. I'm also pretty fond of those brads.

I hope to have the rest of the Design Challenge layouts posted tomorrow. I'm clearing the decks for the arrival of June and the 30 in 30 Scrapbooking challenge. I'm so excited to get started. I've got a lot of my layouts already planned, and if I have some time tomorrow, I might get a few page kits put together. I also shopped a coupon sale at the local scrapbook store today and picked up some goodies to use in the coming month.

It's going to be awesome, and there's still time to sign up if you're interested. :)

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous! I love your style. Love how you did the words on the sign post.

    ReplyDelete