Saturday, May 26, 2012

More in Bloom

It's been a long and busy week. I haven't had any spare time for paper-crafting, though I've acquired several new supplies which I will be putting to work during my 30 in 30 Scrapbooking project beginning in June. Just a few days before it starts, and I'm so excited!

So, I don't have any scrapbook pages or other projects to share. However, the plants around our house continue to bloom.


Looks like it's just about to burst open.


And this one, just starting to unfurl.


I admit irises aren't my favorite, but that's a lovely purple. Usually, the irises along our fence line bloom for about 30 seconds and tip over. They're usually a light cream color, too. I haven't seen the purple ones in a few years.

The woman who used to live in our house was a master gardener and did a lot of work to get these plants to bloom in succession so that there's always something interesting to look at, enjoy, and photograph. I so appreciate her efforts.

As I was browsing through my photos last night, I realized I haven't taken very many in May. I'm not sure why, but that is going to change in June, as there's a lot going on. I'll be doing another 12 Days album beginning on the summer solstice, for one thing. Projects like that always generate lots and lots of pictures.

Remember: 30 in 30 Scrapbooking begins June 1st. There's still time to jump in with me. I've had a few people agree to join in, and we're all excited. It's going to be a fun and challenging month!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Laura, from the 31 things class. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura! Thanks so much for stopping by, and for the nice compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete