Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Design Challenges - Five

Little bit of a hiatus from the design challenges, there, due to the hectic pace of daily life. But I'm back in the groove with challenge number five: use symbols as design elements.

Now, this one was a bit of a no-brainer for me, simply because I had a photo from St. Patrick's Day that I wanted to scrapbook. I used a club symbol as a shamrock, both as a single embellishment, and as a repeated pattern to create borders.

(Supplies: Patterned paper by Pink Paislee, Little Yellow Bicycle, Reminisce, and unknown manufacturers. Die cuts by American Crafts and Girls Paperie. Letter stickers by October Afternoon and American Crafts. Card stock by The Paper Company. Gems by Hero Arts and Queen and Company. Glitter tape by American Crafts. Stamp by Elise Blaha. Ink by Tim Holtz.)

The background patterned paper was part of a Cocoa Daisy kit, and the rest I dug out of my scrap basket. Just a touch of yellow to balance out all that green and echo the color on the bottle label in the photo. I am totally digging that glitter tape. So easy to use, and I haven't noticed the glitter flaking off. It comes in lots of luscious colors, too. I'm going to add more to my stash for certain.

On to challenge six!

No comments:

Post a Comment