Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade

The third of the new Distress Inks for spring is a lovely yellow called squeezed lemonade.


First, I created a couple of tags. For this one, I used the direct-to-paper technique, then embellished on top of it.

(Supplies: Card stock, greeting stamp and markers by Stampin' Up! Image stamps by Technique Tuesday. Gems by Me & My Big Ideas. Ink by Tim Holtz Distress and Ranger. Fibers, unknown manufacturer.)

Next, I embossed an image in white and inked over it for the resist effect.

(Supplies: Card stock and greeting stamp by Stampin' Up! Image stamp by Hero Arts. Flower by Archivers. Spray ink by Mister Hueys for American Crafts. Button, unknown manufacturer. Glitter by Stickles. Ink by Tim Holtz Distress.)

Yes, that's a bit of shaded lilac thrown into that tag. I couldn't resist. ;) Originally, I'd stamped a greeting directly onto the embossed image, but it faded, so I fixed it with a strip of card stock.

To my eye, that lemon yellow almost begs to be paired with red, so I created a card with an old stamp set I've always liked and some additional Distress inks.

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections and Stampin' Up! Ink by Tim Holtz Distress. Stamps by Stampin' Up! Twine by My Mind's Eye. Lace trim by Hero Arts.)

A bright and happy card that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment