Friday, May 4, 2012

Design Challenges - Four

Challenge four asked us to use a vintage type, and the first thing that popped into my mind was Echo Park's Victoria Garden collection letter stickers. I had photos of my mother that I thought would go great with that style, and here is the page I created.

(Supplies: Patterned paper and stickers by Echo Park Paper. Stamp by Stampin' Up! Ink by Tim Holtz Distress. Small letter stickers and sketch by October Afternoon. Border punch by Martha Stewart. Pearls by K&Company, Queen and Co., and Hero Arts.)

To fit the photos where I wanted them, I cut around the rose in the background patterned paper with my craft knife, tucking the green patterned paper underneath so that the rose image would overlap. I used up quite a bit of my pearl stash, so time to go shopping! Fortunately, with tomorrow being National Scrapbooking Day, a lot of retail outlets will be having sales.

One thing I liked about this challenge is that many sources for fonts were provided in the handout. I'm going to check those out eventually, maybe even do some hybrid pages using cool fonts I find. For this page, though, I had an idea immediately and ran with it. I like the result.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page about a beautiful lady. Surprised it has been a year already! Love this EP collection. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete