Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Design Challenges - Seven

For this challenge, we were assigned the task of creating a page with multiple photos on a bold background. I had photos of the nephew from his 8th birthday party, very colorful and fun, 3.5 x 5 in size. These were photos I took eleven years ago with a film camera, and they each had a bit of a halo of darkness around the edges, perfect for punching out the subject in the middle. I also knew immediately that I wanted to use some bold, colorful papers in my scrap basket from the Echo Park Paper Little Boy collection.

Here is how it all came together.

(Supplies: Patterned paper and stickers by Echo Park Paper. Numeral and brackets, glitter tape by American Crafts. Brads by Joann and Stampin' Up!)

I almost always struggle to get that many photos in a grid straight. This time, it just went a lot easier for some reason. The title was inspired by a layout my friend Suzanne recently posted on her blog, and I really like the simple but poignant journaling. Sometimes, it's so hard to know what to write on layouts about birthdays so many years ago, I really don't recall the details.

I really like the energy of this layout, the motion so reminiscent of an 8-year-old boy, especially on an exciting occasion like his birthday.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun layout Mel! Love your grid :) Thanks for the shoutout. Made me smile.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel, I absolutely ADORE this page. So full of fun colors and super cute pics...great job!

    ReplyDelete