Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Everything Is More Fun With Him



That's my sweet husband right there. Last weekend, he went with me to MegaMeet, an annual scrapbooking convention, and we both had a good time. Being together makes whatever we're doing more fun, one of the many things I love about him, about us.


We started down the first row of booths and discovered that guy there, demonstrating techniques with Distress inks, markers, paints, and stains. Not only does he make it look easy and fun, his enthusiasm for all things creative is contagious. He's funny, too, and the hubs and I stood watching for almost two hours before we shopped at the booth of Ranger goodies.


We walked around a lot, visiting booths full of scrapbooking and paper-crafting goodness. My sweetheart was not only patient while I shopped, he encouraged me to snag lots of treasures to take home with me. When we needed a rest for our tired feet, we got hot pretzels and chocolate-covered and cinnamon roasted almonds, found a place to sit, and chatted until we were ready to get back into the shopping fray.


And shop we did! I even won a prize: that swirly stamp on top of that pile of loot I brought home--which doesn't even contain the stuff I bought on a trip to the local scrapbook store later in the evening.

What a great day! And to get to share it all with the man I love, that just made it better.


***
Note: This post is part of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge. Today's prompt was to write about something funny or share a funny picture. I tried, but I couldn't find anything amusing in my photo library, nor could I think of a funny story, so I went with a fun day, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment