Thursday, May 8, 2014

To Read



Reading. It's one of my favorite things to do. A comfy chair, sunlight streaming in the window. Fresh cup of coffee, a good book. Time to dive into it and swim awhile.

Yes, I love to read, and after a long hiatus from regular reading, I have made a commitment, as partof my intentions for my One Little Word 2014, to do more of what I love. Already, I've made good progress finishing books I started awhile ago and reading new ones.

I bought Detroit, A Biography on a bit of a spree to Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago. What a luscious wonderland of imagination and creativity and information a bookstore is, huh? Living near Detroit, having spent time downtown with my nephew, I am curious about its rich history, its story. I'm always interested in the foundations of the place I live, and I'm excited to explore this book about what made Detroit the city it is.

***Note: This post is part of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment