Thursday, May 8, 2014

Two More Wintry Layouts

Typical Winter in Michigan


Just about done with the winter-themed layouts, and again, I used supplies from my Big Winter kit for this layout that was inspired by this page at An Ounce of Creativity. The placement of the photos on the page appealed to me, though I didn't want to copy exactly. I used a Cameo cut as part of the title, and along with ki memories gems and Studio Calico labels (Aren't THEY flippin' cool??!), I traced the swirls with a shimmer pen in silver from Gelly Roll to add a little shine and texture to design. Oh, and snowflake stamps from Hero Arts, which I love and don't use nearly often enough.


In Winter


I wasn't going to post this one, but I like it too much to leave it out. These photos were taken on a winter walk in a local park I frequent, and I based the design on a sketch by Shimelle. I love the purple tones I incorporated with patterned paper (yep, from the Big Winter kit!) and some mist from Heidi Swapp. Originally, the background was plain white card stock, but I didn't like the look, so I added pattern with Hero Arts stamps ad blue ink. I used the same Cameo cut file for the title, and I got to use an embellishment that's been in my stash a very long time, the snowflake in the bottom left corner, which I rescued from a holiday card several years ago. One detail that's almost impossible to see in the photo, I drew a line around the second background layer with a Gelly Roll shimmer pen in purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment