Friday, April 19, 2019

Flashing Back on Friday - Sonata of Memories

Back in 2007, I was still learning how to scrapbook, mostly by experimenting with different things and seeing what looked good and didn't, what I liked and didn't like.

I had an envelope of small photos of my parents and their life together. My father died in 2003, and I wanted to make my mother an album with those pictures, an album that she could write her own memories in, making it a collaboration between the two of us.

Mom had bought me a Close to My Heart paper collection called Sonata, and I used that collection to create a 6x6 album for her.

The cover and the introduction page:



Some of the pages:






Mom did write a few things in the book, though some of the spots I included for her, she left blank. And that's okay! I wanted her to enjoy it, not find it a task, and I think she did.

I treasure this album. It's our joint effort, my Mom's and mine, to preserve the story of her and my father and their wonderful life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment