Friday, April 26, 2019

Flashing Back on Friday - You Taught Me

Four years ago yesterday, I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer and dementia, so today's flashback is in honor of her.



When I created the background with stamps and ink and paint and glitter, I didn't know it would eventually serve as a base for this particular topic.

I just played and had fun, and the result ended up being the perfect platform for these two photos of my sweet little Mommy, taken mere hours before she embarked on an adventure to leave Texas and move to Michigan to live with me and my husband.

The journaling reads:

"I know this was hard for you. I know it hurt to leave your home, the home that you and Daddy built, the home you two created together in the last years of his life. I know that letting go can feel a lot like falling apart. I've been there, felt the pain of being ripped away from everything certain and familiar and safe.

"But I also know you are stronger than you realize. You have a heartful of courage to do what must be done. You still know how to leap and trust yourself, your beautiful and resilient self, that you'll land on your feet. I know because...you taught me."

I am so lucky to have her legacy of courage and strength to inspire me, so lucky to be her daughter.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. You make me think of scrapbooking and using journaling in new and different ways. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete