Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Layout Share - Road Trip

Because I'm lucky enough to have a local scrapbook store that hosts regular crops, and because I am even luckier to have a group of creative women to scrapbook with, I create most of my layouts at those crops.

As a result, I hardly ever use mixed media of any kind on my scrapbook pages, because it's not very convenient to take all the supplies and tools I would need to employ those techniques on the go.

But once in awhile, I make time to create at home, and in February, I assembled some mixed media supplies to play with on a page about a road trip we took to Chicago.



First, I chose a stencil that I wanted to use. Next, I tested some Distress ink colors on a scrap of card stock to see which shades would match the patterned papers I was using.

Then, I used three different inks on the stencil in three different spots of my background card stock as the base layer of the page. After that, I placed my photos and added patterned paper, a title, embellishments and my journaling.


The patterned circles and journaling spots came from a 6x6 paper pad, and I liked dividing the journaling into three small pieces. I also liked using some very old Thicker embellishments, the gears and the car shape that I trimmed to look less like a taxi cab and more like the regular car we were driving.

My finishing touch was that wandering, wonky, line of ink dashes that added just a touch of whimsy. I enjoyed making this page, especially using the ink and stencils. I'd like to add those and other mixed media techniques to my layouts more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment