Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Gratitude 5 - April 24


Five things in my life right now that make me want to say thanks...

1. The ability to write. I don't mean talent. I wouldn't claim to have that. I'm talking about being physically able to express myself on the page. If I weren't able to do that? I honestly do not know WHAT I would do.

2. That the inspection for the house we're trying to buy went so well today. No major issues, and the inspector was so personable and willing to explain things to me and answer my "dumb" questions. It was a much more pleasant experience than the last home inspection I endured, and no asbestos this time! Yay!

3. My partner in life, my Daniel, and all that he does to make my life easier and sweeter. We were at dinner Sunday afternoon, and the song "Lucky" came on in the restaurant. The lyric "you make it easier when life gets hard" floors me every single time, makes my eyes tear up. He really does make it easier when life gets hard, and I am beyond lucky to be in love with my best friend.

4. Time to do the things that need to get done. Daniel and I are in the calm before the super-storm of activity required to buy a house and get moved. There will be lots to do, most of it not quite ready to get done, though soon. I so appreciate having a little bit of down time before we won't have much at all.

5. Happy memories of my little Mommy to help soothe me as the anniversary of losing her approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment