Thursday, April 4, 2019

Layout Share - Memories of Mom


Sometimes, scrapbook pages can trigger some heavy emotions.

Like this one.

I lost my sweet little Mommy in 2015, and on her birthday every year since, I've kept a tradition of enjoying a cup of coffee and some kind of treat in her memory.

This was the page I made of that experience in 2018.

I loved the circle of leaves on this paper, which for me hints at the circle of life and went well with the theme of the story. I also wanted this page to include a tone of celebration, as part of my intention in remembering my mother on her birthday is to celebrate her life and what she meant to me.

Most of the supplies are from Pinkfresh Studio. I bought some at my local scrapbook store, and a few pieces came in a kit from Hip Kit Club. A few gems from my stash and some pen work finish up this page that, I admit, made me just a little emotional while I was making it.

And that's completely ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment